Tuesday 25 March 2008

Roasted Purple Potatoes


Yum...roasted potatoes! The closest thing to fries that I can justify eating more often than not! And when you can get your hands on beautiful purple potatoes such as these you really need no excuse, it would be sacrilege not to enjoy them. I got these guys from spud.ca, the organic produce delivery service I use. They also carry many more grocery, diary, and meat items, but I just use the service for produce. By using a delivery service you also help reduce fuel emissions by not having to drive yourself to the market every week. Every Thursday I look forward to my delivery. Check them out at spud.ca.

Anyways, on to the recipe...

Roasted Potatoes with Rosemary
What better to go with potatoes then rosemary?
  • ~2 lb potatoes (can be any kind)
  • 2-3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
  • 2 sprigs rosemary, chopped
  • sea salt and pepper

Preheat oven to 400°.

Scrub (I rarely peel my potatoes - I just scrub them and cut out any green parts or eyes) and cut potaotes into evenly sized pieces - much like shown in picture above. Put in a saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil, turn off and remove from heat.

Pour in olive oil, replace lid and shake to coat. Pour potatoes into a rimmed baking pan. Add rosemary and salt and pepper.

Bake for 20 minutes, flip and bake for another 20 minutes or until golden.

Enjoy!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

But there are certain hidden factors that really contribute to towards the SEO.
The primary job of a quality seo service is to improve a web page.
Many organisations have well-designed and functional sites, but they do not always generate
the revenue expected.

Anonymous said...

google law firm

Anonymous said...

I am in fаct glaԁ tо glаnсе аt this wеbpage pοsts which caгriеs plentу of hеlpful
ԁatа, thankѕ for providing thеѕе kinԁs of datа.


Also visіt my ωeb blog: Quick house sale