Sunday 7 June 2009

Colle Secco Montepulciano D'Abruzzo DOC


This wine is one of favourites. I love it just on its own. Here is what the vintner has to say about it:

Colour: rich ruby red with purplish highlights and rim of garnet
Bouquet: ripe red fruit with spicy touch of leather, tobacco and liquorice
Taste: full-bodied, with a good structure and well-integrated tannins

Food to serve with: flavoured pasta dishes with tomato sauce, roast meats, game, salami, semi-mature and mature cheeses.

http://www.cantinatollo.it/English/Vini_Abruzzesi.htm

I have also had this with pizza and it was great.

For those living in Calgary I buy this at Co-op liquor stores.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

aviala said...

Came across your block by accident Sure Glad I did ... your recipes are amazing!!! and I will buy a bottle of wine and try it out..

Keep the lovely recipes coming!

Anonymous said...

Hey Sarah, I am going to look for this wine, sounds very interesting and tasty to boot. Your pizza also sounds awesome, so will have to try the two together. Talk to you soon. Auntie Sheryl