Saturday 23 June 2007

Hot or not? All about chiles

While preparing for Jen and Garry's party tonight I wanted to catch up on my chile knowledge - check out this link:

http://www.foodsubs.com/Chilefre.html

This site is Cook's Thesaurus - my friend Michelle showed it to me about 5 years ago. As the title, Cook's Thesaurus would indicate, it provides substitutes for almost any ingredient you can think of. So next time you have a recipe that calls for something obscure or expensive, throw the term into the seach box - the results are even in alphabetical order (which pleases the librarian in me!).

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey!!! That's me you referred to!! I feel so honoured!! I love that site -- I use it to this day and I think it's been around for more than 10 years!

Michelle